You may have to tolerate the burning sensation caused by the razor, or eruptions and pimples due to inflammations and infections. There is also the possibility of your skin reacting to the accessories or techniques. Using aftershave balm helps prevent skin from irritation after shaving and provides soothe and moisturize your skin.
In this review, we take a closer look at the best aftershave balms which will indicate the important aspects to look for.
Finding a Good Product
The following issues play a key role when selecting aftershave balms:
- Aftershave Comfort: a good product will bring instant relief after shaving. This is achieved through using effective compounds;
- Ease of Application: The after-shave balm should be easy to apply and doesn’t need expensive or sophisticated step or accessories;
- Ingredients: It’s always advisable to focus more on products derived from natural and organic compounds (alcohol-free product is highly recommended); and
- Scent: Although not a key consideration, it’s also helpful to consider the scent. A very strong one can be a bit annoying while a non-scented aftershave balm may not appeal to people wanting to smell nice and fresh.
Best Aftershave Balms in 2017
- 10. Dolce & Gabbana, The One Gentleman for Men Aftershave Balm
- 9. NIVEA, Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- 8. L’Oreal, Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic After Shave Balm
- 7. Dove, Men+Care After-Shave Balm
- 6. The Art of Shaving, Unscented After-Shave Balm
- 5. Burt’s Bees, Natural Skin Care Aftershave Balm
- 4. Hermes, Terre D’hermes After Shave Balm
- 3. Proraso, After Shave Balm
- 2. Lather & Wood, After-shave Balm
- 1. Tabac, Original AfterShave Balm
10. Dolce & Gabbana, The One Gentleman for Men Aftershave Balm
Dolce & Gabbana is first becoming a force to reckon with when it comes to aftershave products. The One Gentleman aftershave balm is among the brand’s top sellers.
It is available in a 75ml bottle and contains highly effective and safe ingredients. In addition to relieving the user of pains and after burn, the balm also prevents rashes and eruptions. While it’s famed for its good scent and doesn’t burn, the balm has a thin texture providing a fresh feeling.
9. NIVEA, Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Preventing rash raze burns and skin reddening is what this post shave balm by NIVEA men is designed for.
The product protects the skin from annoying razor burns, sensitivity and encourages quick recovery. It also prevents the skin from drying up thanks to not containing any alcohol. Packed in a handy 100ml bottle, the balm can easily fit in small bags and is also convenient to carry around. Going by some reviews, the NIVEA balm scent is quite strong yet doesn’t linger.
8. L’Oreal, Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic After Shave Balm
The L’Oreal Paris Expert Hydra Energetic is loved for the quick relief it brings after shaving. It’s rich in Vitamin E which not only soothes the skin but also helps promote healthy skin. The after-shave balm doesn’t contain any alcohol and thus guarantees you of well-moisturized skin.
It also features broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen for protecting against harmful UV rays. Reasons to buy it include no burning sensation, alcohol-free and mild scent. To provide the moisturizing result, the balm may feel somewhat oily.
7. Dove, Men+Care After-Shave Balm
Dove Men Care after-shave balm is targeted at individuals who want to maintain a smooth and neat look. Containing essential ingredients such as Vitamin B5, the balm will quickly relief from burning irritation and moisturizing the skin.
The specially formulated product (alcohol and fragrance-free) is also suitable for men with sensitive skin. The light and non-greasy texture help the balm instantly absorbed into the skin and effectively soothe the razor burn condition.
6. The Art of Shaving, Unscented After-Shave Balm
If you are looking for quick relief after shaving, the Art of Shaving is what you need. Packed in a 3.3 fl. oz. bottle, this product refreshes and moisturizes the skin.
Mainly made from Shea butter and grapeseed extract which greatly soothe dry skin and promotes healthy skin. The alcoholic-free product is also an antiseptic and will heal the skin in case of cuts or abrasions. This unscented aftershave balm is an excellent choice for all skin type.
5. Burt’s Bees, Natural Skin Care Aftershave Balm
For your face to remain cool and look good after shaving, you need to apply some Burt’s Bees natural Skin Care balm.
It’s made from coconut and sunflower oils for hydrating the skin and also prevents the buildup of germs or bacteria while the vitamin E provides nourishing for the sensitive skin. The 73.8ml (2.5 oz) tube contains enough balm to take you through several shaving sessions.
4. Hermes, Terre D’hermes After Shave Balm
The Hermes Terre D’hermes aftershave balm follows a long tradition of using natural ingredients to bring instant relief.
It comforts the skin after shaving, creates a conducive environment for fast recovery, and also leaves it looking smooth and well-moisturized. The formula easily penetrates into the skin thus providing quick and long-lasting relief. You also don’t have to worry about your skin drying since it’s alcohol-free.
3. Proraso, After Shave Balm
Originally made in Italy, the Proraso aftershave balm is designed for normal, oily, dry as well as sensitive skin. The balm, packed in a 100ml/3.4 oz bottle, is enriched with the oatmeal extract that offers fast relief against razor burns.
To give soothe and calm effect to the skin, it relies on antioxidant-rich green tea which also improves hydration. It also prevents the skin from drying since it doesn’t contain any alcohol. The balm is a bit runny which is suggested to massage gently to facilitate absorption.
2. Lather & Wood, After-shave Balm
Imagine smelling like sandalwood after shaving? This is what you get when you apply this aftershave from Lather&Wood aftershave balm.
This premium aftershave product eliminates razor burns and prevents the skin reddening. Instead, it will keep your skin smooth and soft and also well-moisturized. The alcohol-free formula gives you a non-greasy finish.
1. Tabac, Original AfterShave Balm
Look and feel good after shaving by using Tabac Original Aftershave balm. It comes in a 2.5 ounce /75ml pack and is suited for any skin type.
Containing substances like citrus, lavender, and warm floral, the balm alleviates the discomfort, sensitivity or pain caused by shaving. It also moisturizes the skin and prevents it from drying up. You will feel a great relief with its light fresh scent.
Shaving doesn’t have to end up in pain and irritation. You shouldn’t use strong aftershave products that may bring harm to your skin. The above-mentioned aftershave balms will ensure to provide instant soothing, non-sensitive and can be applied to different skin types.
Furthermore, they are made from safe and effective compounds, are quite popular in the market and are backed by positive reviews from consumers. This assures you of reliability, effectiveness and safety.