While it may look like a basic kitchen accessory, the role of cutting boards can never be underestimated. Choose the wrong type and you will not achieve maximum satisfaction. For instance, it may lead to course or uneven chops or slices may affect the sharpness of your knife’s edge or may cause a mess due to slipping on a surface.
Such are some of the reasons that make reviews a starting point for both matures and professionals.
Choosing the Best Cutting Board
- Material: The boards are made from wood, bamboo, plastic, ceramic, glass or marble. It is vital to make certain the board won’t affect the sharpness of the knife. Wood and bamboo are viewed as the most user-friendly in regard to protecting the blade’s sharpness.
- Size: A large board may minimize spillage and wastage; however, it may occupy lots of space. Small board takes little space but may not be very suitable for large amounts of food. It’s necessary to identify the right size depending on the available space and intended use;
- Hygiene: Sanitation is key when selecting aboard. Some advocate for wood since it’s proven that bacteria don’t like the surfaces. However, wood seems to be prone to water and moisture seeping and cracks developing. Synthetic boards made from plastic are resistant to bacteria and have a nonporous surface. However, the material may deteriorate over time;
- Ease of Maintenance: A good board is easy to maintain and clean. It is made from sanitary materials and will remain safe when washed by hand or in a dishwasher;
- Protecting the Knifes Edge: The best board not only provides the right surface but also protects the knife’s sharp edge. Wood, composite and some plastics score highly in this area compared to the likes of glass or marble.
Other important aspects include aesthetics, cost, durability and sturdiness.
Best Cutting Boards in 2017
- 10. Farberware, Assorted Poly Cutting Board Set
- 9. Viventive, Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
- 8. Neoflam, Marble Cutting Board
- 7. Spigo, Antimicrobial Cutting Board
- 6. Ironwood Gourmet, Acacia Wood Cutting Board
- 5. OXO, Good Grips Utility Cutting Board
- 4. Heim Concept, Premium Organic Bamboo Extra Large Cutting Board
- 3. PEPEGOO, Premium Large Bamboo Wood Cutting Board
- 2. Midori Way, Thick Bamboo Wood Cutting Board
- 1. Bayou Boulangerie, Thick Bamboo Cutting Board Set
10. Farberware, Assorted Poly Cutting Board Set
Faberware cutting board is designed with versatility in mind. The set consists of three pieces; 10.75 by 14.25-inch cutting board, 8 by 10 inch and 7 by 9.25-inch cutting board.
The dishwasher-safe and eco-friendly board is made from BPA-free poly material which is non-porous, durable and odor-resistant. It is reversibly allowing you to conveniently flip the cutting surfaces and features trench for catching the juices. All cutting boards are dishwasher safe.
9. Viventive, Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
Made from 100% bamboo, this Viventive cutting board is loved for its natural appeal. The 18×12-Inch board is an all-purpose board suitable for slicing, dicing, cutting and chopping different items.
Its natural surface is friendly to the knife’s edge and can last for many years under good care. The large surface is easy to use providing enough chopping space and also clean while the deep groove holds the juices while cutting. It is completely hygienic and safe since it contains no stains, dyes, BPA or any other toxins.
8. Neoflam, Marble Cutting Board
If durability and sanitation are on top of your mind, then the Neoflam cutting board may be what suits you. It’s made from strong, durable and elegant marble and measures 17.5 by 12 inches.
The surface has antimicrobial properties that keep bacteria, germs and odor at bay. Its unique design and knife-friendly ( nonporous surface) design protect the knife’s blade and prevents slipping from the countertops with the non-slip handles.
7. Spigo, Antimicrobial Cutting Board
The Spigo Antimicrobial cutting board is fit for home and commercial use. It’s made out of non-absorbent and non-porous material that guarantees you of high hygiene standards that are further boosted by the Cleantec Antimicrobial Technology.
To prevent accidental slippage on the wet surface or under intense use, the reversible board has a firm-grip surface and the handles are covered with soft rubber for added comfort.
6. Ironwood Gourmet, Acacia Wood Cutting Board
Convenience, reliability and top hygiene are what best describes the Ironwood Gourmet cutting board. Made from natural and environmental-friendly acacia wood that gives the natural contrasting pattern. The special characteristics of the wood, “chatoyancy” allow the board’s appearance to change depending on the angle of lighting which makes the board look elegance.
This cutting board is ideal for slicing, cutting and chopping different food items. Besides cutting, the multifunctional board is also a serving board and a prep station. It is easy to wash and dries quickly.
5. OXO, Good Grips Utility Cutting Board
Cutting board from OXO comes in decent size and measures 10-1/2- x 14-1/2-inches. It’s made using durable, odor-resistant and non-porous polypropylene.
The double-sided accessory offers you two cutting surfaces and comes with tapered handles that make carrying easy. It comes with non-slip edges that prevent slippage especially in wet surfaces and can be washed by hand or a dishwasher.
4. Heim Concept, Premium Organic Bamboo Extra Large Cutting Board
People looking for a large cutting board shouldn’t look further than the Heim Concept premium cutting board. Made from the organic bamboo, which makes it an eco-friendly board thanks to the natural material, portable (weighs 3.1 pounds), and hygienic (contains no dyes, stains, or toxins).
The board measuring around 18 x 12 x 3/4 inches, this board is suitable on most countertops in the home, restaurant and other places. And in contrast to some plastic, marble or glass boards, this wood product prevents knives from dulling.
3. PEPEGOO, Premium Large Bamboo Wood Cutting Board
Revered for its natural appeal and large cutting surface, the PEPEGOO cutting board is quite popular. It boasts of a large cutting surface measuring 18 by 12 inches and is made from genuine bamboo wood.
Its large surface makes cutting and slicing easy while minimizing wastage due to spillage. It comes in an eco-friendly surface that won’t affect’s the knife’s sharpness and a non-slip base for stability. When not used for cutting or slicing, the board can also be used as a serving tray and features side handles.
2. Midori Way, Thick Bamboo Wood Cutting Board
To guarantee you of longevity, reliability and sanitary surfaces, Midori way brand is offering this bamboo wood cutting board. Not only is this material stronger than the likes of maple but will resist splitting, cracking or shrinking even when consistently soaked in water and dried.
The board comes in 2 different sizes, small and large. The large board (18 by 12 inches) allows for quick and convenient chopping, cutting and slice and also reduces wastage. The eco-friendly accessory is very hygienic and contains no dyes, stains, formaldehyde or toxins.
1. Bayou Boulangerie, Thick Bamboo Cutting Board Set
This cutting board set from Bayou Boulangerie consists of three different sized boards. The smallest measure 12 by 8 inches, the medium board is 15 by 10 inches while the largest is 18 by 12 inches.
All the boards give elegant and natural looking courtesy of the 100% natural bamboo construction. The knife-friendly board won’t make your knives dull and durable courtesy of the 3/ 4-inch thickness. The reversible boards are eco-friendly and discourage bacteria and microbes from thriving.
Chopping, dicing, slicing, cutting vegetable, fruits, meats and other good items is more friendly and sanitary with the above cutting boards. The well-sized boards are made from sanitary and eco-friendly materials like bamboo, wood, poly and plastic and are non-porous.
The non-slip edges prevent slippage while the non-porous, antimicrobial and antibacterial surfaces keep germs, microbes and germs away. In addition to being user-friendly, eco-friendly, dishwasher and durable, the above-mentioned cutting boards won’t affect the sharpness of your knives.