If you want to add the great vintage decoration style to your home or restaurant, using the filament light bulbs is the best-selected items. According to an article
According to an article When Out to Dinner, Don’t Count the Watt from The New York Times, released in June 2010, “the filament light is so ubiquitous that it has prompted a backlash among those who deem it overexposed…”. Filament bulbs seem to become popular over the decade. They come in different shapes, colors, and wattage. Even though finding a bulb is easy, knowing whether it will suit tour needs isn’t as easy.
Choosing Filament Light Bulbs
- Wattage: Too little or too much wattage isn’t desirable. Too little and the bulb emits poor light quality while too much may cause the holder or fixture to melt and can also cause a fire;
- Efficiency: It’s paramount to go for the most efficient bulbs since they produce optimal light while keeping power bills low. It’s also beneficial to balance energy efficiency and life expectancy;
- Brightness: The amount of light intensity or brightens is measured in lumens and the higher the number the brighter it is. On average, the standard 100-watt bulb emits approximately 1600 lumens;
- Light Appearance: Some bulbs emit warm light (yellowish, orange…) while others produce cool (bluish, pale while…) light. Cool light is more relaxing while the warm light is more lively and energetic; and
- Area of Use: The point where the bulb will be mounted influences the wattage, shape, brightens and mounting technology. Brighter bulbs will be needed in large open spaces, energy-efficient types are ideal for pendant, table or ceiling fans, while stylish bulbs enhance the elegance of a space or fixture.
Best Filament Light Bulbs in 2017
- 10. CMYK, ST64 Dimmable Antique LED Bulb
- 9. KINGSO, Edison LED Long Tube Bulb
- 8. KINGSO, Filament Incandescent Antique Light Bulb
- 7. LIGHTSTORY, A19 2W LED Starry Light Bulb
- 6. KINGSO, G95 Vintage Edison Bulb
- 5. SEALIGHT, Vintage Flexible LED Filament Bulb
- 4. HUDSON Lighting, Vintage Antique Style Edison Bulb
- 3. Moonrock, Vintage Squirrel Cage Filament
- 2. KINGSO, Vintage Edison Bulb
- 1. Gordon & Bond, LED Edison Light Bulbs
10. CMYK, ST64 Dimmable Antique LED Bulb
This antique filament bulb from CMYK will improve the lighting and conserve energy and also enhances your home’s elegance. The dimmable 4-watt LED bulb features a stylish squirrel cage filament, produces 2200K warm white light and emits 330 lumens.
It’s made from a durable material to deliver 30,000 hours of quality lighting. This filament bulb uses a clear glass bulb that gives an incandescent light effect. The bulb can resist crashes and smashes making the bulb perfect for ceiling fixtures and outdoor use.
9. KINGSO, Edison LED Long Tube Bulb
The T300 Edison LED bulb by KINGSO comes in vintage style and can be mounted at different points to create the unique style.
It boasts of advanced COB EPISTAR technology that uses a chip filament inside a full glass. It is a perfect replacement for incandescent bulbs that emit 60 watts and comes in a screwable design. While the energy-saving bulb can be used in many areas, it isn’t designed for chandelier use.
8. KINGSO, Filament Incandescent Antique Light Bulb
This squirrel cage filament bulb by KINGSO comes in a 6-pack and can be swapped with the normal incandescent types.
The warm glow vintage bulb features a standard E26 or E27 base and runs on 110 volts. It is fit for outdoor as well as indoor lighting including wall sconces and pendant lighting. Besides efficient lighting, the vintage bulb also improves the aesthetic appeal. The bulb is ensured to operate over 3,000 hours lifetime.
7. LIGHTSTORY, A19 2W LED Starry Light Bulb
The LIGHTSTORY A19 bulb is suited for people looking to save energy while still enjoying quality lighting.
This 2-watt Edison bulb gives 2200K extra warm white and is a good replacement for the 15W incandescent bulb. It brings out a vintage appeal and will look nice in the romantic setting. The bulb has a very long lifespan of 25,000 hours. The 3-pack unit is however not dimmable.
6. KINGSO, G95 Vintage Edison Bulb
Capable of saving up to 90% of electricity, the G95 vintage Edison bulb by KINGSO is a good choice for both domestic and commercial use. The aesthetic LED bulb is designed with the tree-shaped LED light beads and beautiful round shape and produces a beautiful warm light.
It uses an output of 300 lumens at 2200K color temperature and emits a wide 360-degree beam angle for all-over illumination. This bulb can be equated to a 40-watt incandescent bulb. It gives a high-performance based on COB Epistar chip technology and can last for as many as 20,000 hours. However, this bulb isn’t dimmable.
5. SEALIGHT, Vintage Flexible LED Filament Bulb
With a long lifespan of 25,000 hours (around 3.5 hours per day), the Sealight Vintage is one of the most durable filament bulbs in the market.
It’s used as a replacement bulb for 40-watt incandescent bulbs and provides warm 2200K light. The flexible 4W unit comes with an E26 base and runs on 120 volts. The bulb offers 360-degree beam angle light pattern and the dimmable feature allows users to vary the brightness to maximize efficiency.
4. HUDSON Lighting, Vintage Antique Style Edison Bulb
This newly-improved LED bulb from HUDSON Lighting resembles the antique Edison bulbs that were popular in the early 1900s.
While the vintage design has remained the same, the stylish piece is more energy-efficient and is a good replacement for the common 60-watt incandescent units. It produces 230 lumens and comes with a stylish squirrel cage filament and the tear drop top. The high-quality design and material will offer as many as 3000 hours of quality illumination.
3. Moonrock, Vintage Squirrel Cage Filament
These Moonrock vintage light bulbs will enhance the lighting as well as aesthetics in your home. The 4 pieces produce 60 watts of light and will last for approximately 3000 hours.
They feature vintage squirrel cage filament with the teardrop shape that produces warm amber light. The easy-to-install light bulbs come with a dimmable E26 base and will easily fit in the standard household fixtures, antique sconces, lamps and other appliances.
2. KINGSO, Vintage Edison Bulb
Coming in a pack of 6, the KINGSO Edison bulb set produces a bright light equivalent to 60W incandesce bulbs but only consumes a fraction of the energy.
This 110V clear glass dimmable light bulb creates 2200K warm light and the spiral globe design together with the squirrel cage filament brings back the classic appeal while its dimmable nature makes varying light intensity easy.
1. Gordon & Bond, LED Edison Light Bulbs
The Gordon & Bond light bulb takes us back to the early 1900s when the incandescent bulb was invented. However, this modern bulb though looking antique is very energy-efficient and more long-lasting.
The 4W LED retro light bulb comes with squirrel cage, teardrop design and produces 2300K of warm color temperature. The dimmable bulb does fit on normal fixtures and lamps with ease.
To avoid making costly mistakes, you should use the above 10 best filament light bulbs for 2017 review as your buying guide. Other than getting more information, this review keeps you from wasting too much time and effort comparing individual items.