Playing darts is enjoyed by many people both young and old. Some play it to pass time or for socializing while others play it professionally. If you are new to the game of the dart, chick HERE for learning how to play the dart.
One of the key ways of achieving this is investing in a good dartboard. The best dartboard will be easy to install, made from high-quality materials, lasts for a long time and requires minimal maintenance. Furthermore, it will tolerate daily use, provide accurate readings, and looks good.
To help you select the best item within the shortest time, we have reviewed the best dartboards in 2019.
Types of Dartboards
Over the years, all manner of dart boards have been invented. Some are targeted at kids while others target adults. There are also types that are suited for beginners while others are designed for skilled players or professionals. Generally, the boards fall under the following categories:
- Wooden Dartboard: This type of dartboard isn’t very common but is regarded as the original dartboard. It was/is made out of poplar or elm wood and is pretty solid and durable. However, it required regular soaking or spraying with water to improve the surface and also prevent cracking and warping. You can still come across brands like Darto and Widdy;
- Bristle Dartboard: This is the most common type on the market and was invented back in the 1930s by Nodor. It is composed of compressed sisal fibers that are linked to a board using strong glue. The edge comprises of a metal banding. The board is revered for its strength, durability, and simplicity;
- Electronic Dartboard: Also known as a soft-tip dartboard, the electronic type is becoming common in gaming arcades, bars, and homes. It was invented by the Arachnic Company and consists of a playing surface with thousands of tiny holes. It’s loved for its lightweight and better accuracy;
- Coiled Paper Dartboard: The board uses coiled paper that is bonded to a solid backboard. The darts will enter between the marked layers of paper. It’s normally designed as a kid’s board and is one of the cheapest on the market. It, however, isnt suitable for professional play or outdoor use;
- Cork Dartboard: Just like wood dart boards, the cork version is not very common nowadays. It looks similar to bristle dartboards but is made from the same material used to make corks. Although it’s simple, affordable and lightweight, this board isn’t suited for heavy playing and also isn’t durable; and
- Magnetic Dartboard: this board consists of a ferrous surface where flat-tipped magnetic darts will stick. Generally, they are considered fun boards and not for professional player. They are light, portable, and easy to use but are not suited for intense or professional play.
Best Dartboards in 2019
Note: As we are able to find only the best 8 dartboards, hence we decide to include another 2 board surround (backboard) so that it allows you to easily find the best dartboards and also the backboards.
- 10. Winmau, Dart Board Surrounds
- 9. Dart-Stop, Professional Backboard
- 8. Goplus, Professional Electronic Dartboard
- 7. Wuudi, Double-Sided Flocking Dart Board
- 6. Hathaway, Centerpoint Solid Wood Dartboard
- 5. ONE80, Self-Healing Sisal/Bristle Dartboard
- 4. Mako Toys, ActionDart Soft Tip Darts and Dart Board
- 3. LoveisCool, 17’’ Magnetic Dart Board
- 2. Marky Sparky, Magnetic Dart Board
- 1. Winmau Blade 4 Bristle Dartboard
10. Winmau, Dart Board Surrounds
Protect your darts and area around the dartboard with the Winmau Surrounds.
The professional-looking surround is suitable for use with Winmau bristle dartboards and takes a short time to install. It’s also lightweight weighing less than 3.8 pounds and doesn’t require special tools to install. Other than the great looks and simple installation, this item is liked because it offers good protection, high quality, and nice price. It, however, doesn’t come with darts.
Product Dimensions: N/A
9. Dart-Stop, Professional Backboard
This burgundy colored backboard by Dart-Stop is must have backboard for the dart board as it will protect the steel tip darts. The 36-inch backboard is fit for beginners and seasoned players and comes ready to mount on the wall.
It consists of a steel-reinforced mounting for longevity, “No Holes” fabric finish for a long-lasting smooth surface, and is handcrafted for good quality. The 3/4-inch wood backing provides a firm support whereas the included anchors and 3-inch screws make mounting easy. It is loved for its easy installation, great looking, high quality, and easy maintenance.
Product Dimensions: 36.5 x 0.88 x 36.5 inches
Weight: 18 pounds
8. Goplus, Professional Electronic Dartboard
The Goplus professional electronic dart board is popular in bars, arcades or homes. It consists of a heavy-duty plastic cabinet and comes in regulation size target face that measures 13.5 inches in diameter.
It provides 27 thrilling games and has up to 216 variations allow for as many as 8 players at a go. A scoring LCD is designed for display each user’s scores. It automatically records the score using 4 AA batteries (not included). It’s a good choice because it’s simple, accurate, easy to use, and user-friendly. Besides the 12 soft-tip darts, the package also includes another 12 replacement soft tips.
Product Dimensions: N/A
Weight: 3 pounds
7. Wuudi, Double-Sided Flocking Dart Board
The Wuudi dart board comes in a double-sided regulation-size board which is made from sisal bristles. It consists of a thin dynamic sector wire that improves accuracy while minimizing the chances of the bounce outs.
The board’s spider wiring is made of a high-tensile, galvanized steel that is ultra-durable and the high visibility flocking enhances the vivid color of the board. For longevity, the galvanized steel also prevents rust, corrosion or even fading of color. The key advantages of this board include good dimension, durable, good quality, and good value. The 5.1-pound board is relatively heavy and needs to be mounted properly to avoid wobbling or coming loose.
Product Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 3 inches
Weight: 5.1 pounds
6. Hathaway, Centerpoint Solid Wood Dartboard
This dark cherry finished dart board cabinet set will make a good addition to your gaming room. It comes in regulation 18-inch size and consists of 1/2- inch thick yellow poplar hardwood backboard and sisal fiber bristles.
To prevent the darts from bouncing out, it features a quality rounded target frame while the stainless steel cabinet hinge improves portability and installation.
It comes with 2 sets of steel-tipped darts and a protective cabinet. The board scores highly for good construction and the good dimension.
Product Dimensions: 3.75 x 25.5 x 22 inches
Weight: 18 pounds
5. ONE80, Self-Healing Sisal/Bristle Dartboard
Coming from a renowned dartboard manufacturer, the ONE80 bristle dart board is a good choice for beginners as well as experienced players. It’s constructed from high-quality Brazilian sisal fibers that provide a good sticking surface and will last for many years.
It has the official tournament size of 18 x 1-1/2 inches and a staple free 21 Bullseye so that you can practice and improve the concentration. The quality bristles are safe for the soft tip as well as steel tip darts while the triangular wiring helps deflect the darts to the target area. This board gets praise for the non-fading colors, minimal bounce-out, anti-glare and numbering.
Product Dimensions: 18 x 1-1/2 inches
Weight: 3 pounds
4. Mako Toys, ActionDart Soft Tip Darts and Dart Board
Now that you can also enjoy playing the dart with your family members, not limited to the kids (safe for the kid), by the ActionDart dart board.
The easy-to-install board features a built-in metal bracket for sturdiness and a reinforced nail hole for quick and safe wall mounting. It comes with 6 soft tip darts which are safe for kids aged above 6 years. The stylish and simple design makes using the board easy and also improves accuracy.
The dart board can either be screwed on the wall by the nail support hole or placing on the table using the metal support bracket. Some of the dartboard’s positives include child-safe, good size, easy to install, and long lasting, yet the board is not suitable for professional use.
Product Dimensions: 16.5 x 16.1 x 1.2 inches
Weight: 3.9 pounds
3. LoveisCool, 17’’ Magnetic Dart Board
This magnetic dartboard from LoveisCool is a light board that weighs about 1.3 pounds and also among the easiest to mount and also safe for the children.
The professional-looking board consists of a magnetic board for holding the darts while the other side boasts of a plastic surface for protecting the wall from damaging and easy install. It’s loved by many people because of its durability and easy mounting.
Product Dimensions: 17 x 17 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 1.3 pounds
2. Marky Sparky, Magnetic Dart Board
The Marky Sparky magnetic dart board may be what you need to add some fun to the family time or time out with friends.
The sleek design makes this dart board occupies little space and can easily be mostly fitted at home or bar. The board measures 16-inches in diameter and consists of 6 balanced neodymium magnets. Also included are 6 safe magnetic darts that come in two sets, each with a different color. While it gets good ratings and reviews in regard to construction quality, reliability, elegance, and durability, this magnetic board is not meant for professional players.
Product Dimensions: 16.2 x 15.8 x 1.5 inches
Weight: 1 pound
1. Winmau Blade 4 Bristle Dartboard
Coming in a thinner and higher-tensile dynamic wire, the Winmau Blade dartboard will make playing darts more fun and exciting.
The professional-level board is designed for inexperienced as well as seasoned players and boasts of high-quality materials and finish. It’s made from famed Kenyan sisal that provides good sticking and durability. The triangular-shaped wiring helps to deflect the darts on to the board rather than outside the board and this increases the likelihood of hitting your target. Its key positives are solid construction, durable, professional looking, and great price.
Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 17.8 x 1.5 inches
Weight: 10 pounds
There is no doubt that a game of darts will help you relax better, ease your nerves, bond with your friends and also socialize with other people. As a serious or professional player, you can use your own personal board to improve your skills.
All these dart boards will assure you of a good experience, reliability, effectiveness, longevity and maximum satisfaction. We know that picking a specific type is a bit challenging especially in this day-and-age of many products and cutthroat competition. After deep research and comparing different products, we have unearthed the best dart boards in 2019. Simply choose any and own the very best.