Exercise balls are designed for a range of exercises that target the shoulders, hips, knees, legs, tummy, thighs and many other workouts. People prefer this ball over other equipment due to its simplicity, effectiveness and portability. Nonetheless, just like any other exercising product, there is always the learning curve and it’s important to get the concept right the first time.
Benefits of Exercise Balls
– Versatile: The balls are available in different sizes and are suited for various exercises as well as people of different heights;
– Portability: Since they can be deflated, the ball can be carried easily and be used from any location due to its practical size;
– All-round effect: In addition to working out, exercise balls are also ideal for therapy, yoga, stretching and other uses. A single ball will target several regions at a go;
– User-friendly: The ball is suitable for both beginners as well as experienced people.
Choosing the Right Exercise Ball
There are all kinds of exercise balls in the market. However, even though most look and feel the same, they are quite different and it’s important to consider the following things when making a purchase:
– Size: The ball should be right for your weight and height. Not too small nor too big;
– Height: Each ball is suited for particular height range and will be indicated by the manufacture. Generally, a 45 cm ball is ideal for people not taller than 5 feet while those taller than 6’8” require an 85 cm ball.
– Density: The material should be very elastic yet still withstand tears and bursts.
– Ease of Pumping: The ball should come with a user-friendly air pump that can pump up quickly.
– Durability: The right ball is made from high grade material that is resistant to wear, tear, burst, fading and the elements.
Best Exercise Balls in 2019
It’s critical to always go for the right ball as it will determine the experience you will have so that you will enjoy the benefits of the exercise ball.
Below, we are going to present you the 10 best exercise balls which are the best selling balls this year.
- 10. AppleRound, Exercise Ball
- 9. BalanceFrom, Anti-Burst and Slip Resistant Fitness Ball
- 8. Wacces, Professional Stability Ball
- 7. UR Superior Fitness, Exercise Ball
- 6. SmarterLife Products, Premium Exercise Ball
- 5. ProBody, Mini Exercise Ball
- 4. Live Infinitely, Exercise Ball
- 3. Wacces, Anti-Burst Fitness Exercise Stability and Yoga Ball
- 2. Dynapro, Exercise Ball
- 1. Black Mountain, Static Strength Exercise Stability Ball
10. AppleRound, Exercise Ball
Measuring 26 inches (65cm in diameter) the exercise ball by AppleRound is suitable for people of different heights and weights both men and women. It’s constructed from strong and elastic Phthalates- free PVC that also doesn’t contain any harmful metal elements.
The ball is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. It includes a two-way hand pump and instruction chart.
9. BalanceFrom, Anti-Burst and Slip Resistant Fitness Ball
The exercise ball by BalanceFrom is suitable for up to 3000 pounds and is ideal for light and intensive workouts. It is available in 55, 65 and 75 centimeters and comes in a sturdy, slip-resistant and anti-burst material that will keep you safe from accidental falls that may lead to injuries.
The phthalates-free ball doesn’t have any heavy metal elements and only requires a damp cloth to clean it.
8. Wacces, Professional Stability Ball
Wacces exercise ball is a great choice for professionals who usually engage in intense or extreme workouts. It is known for its stability, elasticity, and anti-slip characteristic and can be used indoors or outdoors.
The ball helps stretch muscles; relax the body, boost flexibilit and body toning. It comes with a free pump that will inflate the ball within minutes.
7. UR Superior Fitness, Exercise Ball
Tone your body, exercise your muscles, stretch your body or perform yoga using the UR Superior Fitness exercise ball. Made from heavy-duty anti-burst PVC, the 65-cm ball will support up to 600 pounds without tearing, bursting or losing its effectiveness.
It comes with a non-sticky surface that won’t attract dust or make your hair stick. Be aware that the ball isn’t quite large.
6. SmarterLife Products, Premium Exercise Ball
Exercise ball by SmarterLife Products is effective for weight loss, stretching, yoga, pilates and core strength workouts. It’s made using premium-quality material and is available in 3 sizes to suit varied heights.
The eco-friendly ball contains no latex, no phthalates and no toxins and can support up to 2000 pounds. Similar to other top-rated products it also comes with anti-slip and anti-burst characteristics.
5. ProBody, Mini Exercise Ball
The exercise ball by ProBody measures 9 inches in diameter and is one of a premium quality. It is made out of a flexible, strong and user-friendly PVC material that is free of harmful compounds such as phthalates (DBP, DEHP, BBP, DNOP, DINP, and DIDP), latex or heavy metal elements.
In addition to back rehabilitation, stretching, and yoga, the ball is fit for sculpting, toning, core strength and balancing. However, being a mini ball it may not effective for some exercises.
4. Live Infinitely, Exercise Ball
Exercise ball from Live Infinitely is made from professional-grade Phthalate-free PVC, the ball is suitable for up to 2200 pounds and is effective for yoga, CrossFit and pilates.
The sturdy material will maintain its form and integrity even after numerous uses and won’t easily rupture or deflate. Cleaning the non-slip surface is also easy and only requires a wet cloth.
3. Wacces, Anti-Burst Fitness Exercise Stability and Yoga Ball
Removing tension, relaxing the body, enhancing tone and improving flexibility is easily achieved using the Wacces exercise ball.
The anti-slip and anti-burst fitness ball is manufactured from top-quality PVC that can resist rupturing, fading, and will maintain its integrity for a long time. This ball is suitable for arms, chest, thigh, lower back, abs exercising.
2. Dynapro, Exercise Ball
Just as the name hints, the Dynapro ball is most-suited for professionals and can withstand bursting pressure of up to 2000 pounds.
It’s made from high-grade PVC that is free of latex, phthalate and other toxic compounds and is very apt for a range of workouts including yoga, CrossFit and stretching. It comes with a plug remover tool, plug and Pump.
1. Black Mountain, Static Strength Exercise Stability Ball
Black Mountain exercise ball is burst-rated at 2000 lbs and is available in 45, 55, 65, 75 and 58 centimeters. It features dense walls that will resist tearing and wear and will maintain the internal pressure for long.
It is effective for exercising the back, abs, arms, hips, thighs as well as in core training, balancing and other workouts. The package of the ball includes an instructional brochure and a ball pump.
The above mentioned exercise balls are all made from strong and elastic material that will withstand different stress and weight and can be used for various type of exercises.
They are also very comfortable and easy to maintain. However, to enjoy the best comfort, satisfaction and minimize injuries while exercising, it’s paramount to first learn to use the ball properly.