As we get older, our skin will start sagging. Moisturizer is an essential element to make our skin look healthier and fresher. The weather is changing day by day, taking good care of your skin is a must to prevent it from dehydrating, which will cause creases on the skin.
If you were asked to name the best facial moisturizers? This has become even harder today where all kinds of moisturizers are readily available and much more are launched every other day. Such product are lotions, creams, and gels. With the right information or guidance, you’ll be able to find a good product.
Stay aware from moisturizers that contain banned substances like hydroquinone, sulfur, or mercury. It is advisable to avoid products that contain many acids as this may lead to sensitivity or dry skin. Things to avoid include glycolic, alpha-hydroxy, salicylic, and retinoic acid. If possible, you should avoid products that contain lots of fragrance, artificial additives, fillers, and dyes.
What We Looked At
- Effectiveness: Good products contain formula such as hyaluronic acid, proteins, glycerin, dimethicone, propylene glycol, urea, mineral oil, lanolin, and petrolatum;
- Antioxidants: The best moisturizers will protect your skin from free radicals that accelerate aging. The moisturizer eliminates age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, crowfeet, discoloration and other aging symptoms;
- Safe Ingredients: If possible, choose products that are derived from natural organic products. Common ingredients include aloe vera, green tea, Shea butter, chamomile, pomegranate, coconut oil, and licorice root extract;
- Texture: the above-mentioned products have a smooth and soft texture. It will feel soft and won’t leave a bumpy or rough feeling on the face;
- Sun protection: A good product protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It should have a rating of at least SPF 30; and
- Non-oily: while hydrating the skin, the right moisturizer ensures it doesn’t look oily or greasy. At times, this may be caused if you apply too much.
Top 10 Best Facial Moisturizers in 2018
To help you achieve better skin, we reviewed the top 10 best facial moisturizers in 2018.
- 10. Christina Moss Naturals, Facial Moisturizer
- 9. Era Organics, Daily Face and Body Cream
- 8. Olay, Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Face Moisturizer
- 7. ViroMed, ATOLATTE Cream
- 6. The Body Shop, Vitamin C Glow-Boosting Moisturizer
- 5. The Saem, Urban Eco Harakeke Firming Seed Cream
- 4. Graymelin, Special Natural Balance Aloe 90 Soothing Gel
- 3. Shiseido, 18 Benefiance Wrinkle-Resist Cream
- 2. LJH, Dr’s Cosmetic BIO+N Moisturizer Cream
- 1. Elizavecca, Milky Piggy Moisturizer Cream
10. Christina Moss Naturals, Facial Moisturizer
Christina Moss facial moisturizer is an organic cream, which doesn’t contain harmful chemical ingredients. If you have an oily skin type, you will totally love this cream as it is not greasy and quickly absorbed. The cream gives full moisturize to the skin, thus keeping your skin hydrated. Use only a little amount of the cream to cover all over the face. The cream comes with small jar, but it can last for long time.
9. Era Organics, Daily Face and Body Cream
Era Organics has full moisturize and help even out skin tone. It works best with healing blemish and redness on the skin. After around 2 weeks of using this cream, you will find your skin not only tighter, but also smoother. This cream wouldn’t make you feel greasy at all; it will be quickly absorbed into the skin. Era Organics cream contains aloe vera and honey which are the best formula to cure acne prone skin, oily skin and sensitive skin.
8. Olay, Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Face Moisturizer
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting cream is also the No. 1 best selling product that is famous for its anti-aging moisturizer. It contains advanced Amino-Peptide Complex which helps to soften the skin and specifically reduce the aging wrinkles. Olay Regenerist cream is claimed to make you look younger in just 4 weeks. You can use it during day and night time, but this cream doesn’t have SPF to protect you from sunshine.
7. ViroMed, ATOLATTE Cream
By improving the hydration level, the ViroMed ATOLATTE cream will ensure to leave your skin well moisturized and smoother. It contains active compounds that prevent moisture loss, eliminate excessive oil, combat dryness, and also protects from the elements.
Unlike other products, it won’t leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky. The face cream works on any skin type including sensitive and combats skin conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis. Consumers love the cream’s smooth texture, safe ingredients, mild scent, easy application, and non-greasy appearance and feel.
6. The Body Shop, Vitamin C Glow-Boosting Moisturizer
As the name implies, the Glow-Boosting moisturizer from The Body Shopwill leave your skin glowing and well hydrated. This is courtesy of the high concentration of nutrients such as vitamin C, Proteins, antioxidants, and minerals.
The main ingredient is the Camu Camu berries that grow in the Amazon and are nutrient-rich. The lightweight facial cream is perfect for most skin types. It doesn’t have any allergenic reactions or side effects since it doesn’t contain harmful compounds like Paraben, gluten, silicone, and is 100% vegan-friendly. Consumer loves the silky smooth texture of the cream, lightweight, nice smell, and versatility. Some, however, find the 1.7-ounce pack a little small.
5. The Saem, Urban Eco Harakeke Firming Seed Cream
The Eco Harakeke firming cream from The Saem will not only moisturize your skin but also make it firm. It is rich in natural ingredients like Harakeke oils that contain high volumes of Omega 3 and Omega 9 fatty acids.
Together with other compounds like vitamins and minerals, it helps open up the skin, improve circulation, and this allows the skin to breathe better and eliminates oil buildup. The natural firming cream works on any skin and is also suitable for sensitive and acne skin. Apart from its quick action and simplicity, users love the silky soft texture, nice smell, and safe ingredients.
4. Graymelin, Special Natural Balance Aloe 90 Soothing Gel
The Graymelin special natural balance soothing gel will moisturize your skin, which is best suit for dry and irritated skin or sunburn skin. It comes in a handy pack for easy carrying and travelling.
The gel main ingredient is aloe vera, which is known for its good hydration and moisture and also protecting the skin. It also contains hyaluronic acid and green tea extract. For easy application and quick absorption into the skin, this product cpntain a very fine and thin consistency. In addition to moisturizing the skin, it also helps soothe the skin from bug bites, rashes, sunburn, and shaving irritation. Some advantages of this facial gel include fast absorption, fast acting, spreads evenly, and easy application.
3. Shiseido, 18 Benefiance Wrinkle-Resist Cream
You no longer will worry about dry or flaky facial skin once you started using the Benefiance Wrinkle-Resist cream from Shiseido. Coming in a 1.8-ounce pack, this cream can be used by both men and women and is best used as a day cream.
Some of the main ingredients include glycerin, Stearic acid, Hyaluronate, silica, Xantham gum, and petrolatum. By applying it in the morning, you will see your skin appearance, texture, and elasticity improves. The notable advantages of the cream include good moisture and suitable for sensitive skin.
2. LJH, Dr’s Cosmetic BIO+N Moisturizer Cream
Recommended by Dermatologist, this LJH moisturizer cream will improve the hydration level and make your skin less dry. It is designed for normal, oily, dry, and sensitive skin as well.
Biometic Water, which accounts for up to 85% of the product penetrates the skin and improves the hydration. It relies on ceramides for creating a barrier and improving the elasticity while prevent from the advancement of aging. The LJH moisturizer cream is very safe and doesn’t have Mineral Oil, Alcohol, Silicone, Paraben, Synthetic Color, or any other toxic compounds. Consumers love the cream’s smoothness and softness, gentleness, zero artificial scents, and hypoallergenic nature.
1. Elizavecca, Milky Piggy Moisturizer Cream
The Elizavecca Milky Piggy moisturizer cream revitalizes the skin and makes it look better. It is packed in a 3.53 ounce/ 100g and is designed for use for both day and night.
It introduces Retinol, EGF, and Swiftlet Nest extract into the skin and this improves hydration, elasticity, texture, and tone. Additionally, the cream eliminates aging marks like fine lines, wrinkles, eye bags, and dry skin. Other vital ingredients include Macadamia Seed Oil, Stearate, Beeswax, Glycerin and many other beneficial formula. It’s loved for its nice scent, silky texture, suitability for any skin types, and versatility.
With the right moisturizer, you will see your skin appearance and texture improve. You will also enjoy other benefits that include improved hydration, younger looking skin, better elasticity and radiance, pore reduction, improved circulation, and better mood among other benefits.
We have picked out the best based on the ingredients, effectiveness, safety, user-friendliness, minimal side effects, texture, and popularity. You are thus assured of healthy, younger, smoother, and glowing skin in no time.