Gone are the days when people used those fuzzy old-schools projectors. Today, we have cinema-grade HD projectors and a plethora of HD beamers. When you want to have an immersive cinema experience or play game in the comfort of your home, even the largest TVs won’t make the cut. That’s why you need to get armed with one of the best movie/gaming projectors on the market. Of course, we have a wide catalog of diverse projectors each boasting different attributes like resolution, display size and cost.
To most buyers, sifting through the countless options to find the right product can be quite arduous. That’s why we have conducted a thorough and extensive research on the brands available on the market then compiled this list of the best gaming projectors in 2018.
Factors to consider before buying a gaming projector
- Price: You don’t have to spend a fortune on a movie projector. However, ensure the price isn’t too low since that could translate to low performance.
- Throw ratio: You have to consider the throw ratio when buying a projector. The best brands can create large screen sizes from a very close range.
- Contrast ratio: The contrast ratio will determine the quality of the images produced. For that reason, choose a considerable ratio for the best results.
Why need a movie/gaming projector?
- Big screen size: It’s impossible to compare flat-panel TVs to projectors. Projectors offer a large viewing and are, therefore, advantageous compared to flat screen TVs.
- Cheap: Acquiring a flat-screen TVs of a similar screen size as most movie projectors would cost you an arm and a leg. For that reason, buying a projector is cheaper than purchasing a TV.
- Safe for your eyes: Unlike most TVs or other electronic devices whose light come directly to your eyes, projectors’ light doesn’t hit your eyes directly which makes them safe for use.
- Portable: Projectors are compact and lightweight. For that reason, they can be carried around effortlessly. This makes them quite convenient for the users since they can carry them to wherever they want.
Best movie/gaming projectors in 2018
- 10. GooBang Doo, ABOX T22 Upgraded Multimedia Home Theater Video/ Gaming Projector
- 9. GooDee, Portable Movie Projector for Entertainment Game Party
- 8. SSLLKE, Pico Video Projector for PCs/ Phones/ Gaming
- 7. ViewSonic, PX800HD DLP Ultra Short Throw Home Theater and Gaming Projector
- 6. ELEPHAS, 1080P HD LED Movie Projector
- 5. EUG, Wireless Digital Widescreen Home Theater/Gaming Projector
- 4. BenQ, HT2150ST Home Theater Projector
- 3. Optoma, GT1080Darbee 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector
- 2. EUG, 3D Digital Movie Gaming Projector
- 1. Sony, VPLHW45ES 1080p 3D SXRD Home Theater/Gaming Projector
10. GooBang Doo, ABOX T22 Upgraded Multimedia Home Theater Video/ Gaming Projector
Offering screen size options of between 32 and 176 inches, you can never go wrong with this gadget. Of course, it works best at a distance of between 1.5 and 5m. Additionally, this projector boasts an extended lamp life of up to 50000 hours and offers a replacement for the lamps. Given its compatible design, it can be sued with HDMI, SD, USB, AV, and VGA. Of course, you can also connect it to game consoles, Pcs, and laptops.
9. GooDee, Portable Movie Projector for Entertainment Game Party
It also features an excellent LED optical system offering up to 30, 0000 hours of life. The compatible design makes it perfect for multiple connections and inputs including but not limited to HDMI, AV, USB, VGA, PCs, Laptops, phones and Blu-ray DVDs among others. Its advanced sound and stereo system offers top-quality sound with minimal disruptions.
8. SSLLKE, Pico Video Projector for PCs/ Phones/ Gaming
The wide compatibility makes ideal for use with different gadgets and can work with HDMI and USB. It allows one to project images from PCs, gaming consoles, and other devices. It can also support a wired mirror connect to your IOS or Android phones using a USB cable.