Gone are the days when people used those fuzzy old-schools projectors. Today, we have cinema-grade HD projectors and a plethora of HD beamers. When you want to have an immersive cinema experience or play game in the comfort of your home, even the largest TVs won’t make the cut. That’s why you need to get armed with one of the best movie/gaming projectors on the market. Of course, we have a wide catalog of diverse projectors each boasting different attributes like resolution, display size and cost.
To most buyers, sifting through the countless options to find the right product can be quite arduous. That’s why we have conducted a thorough and extensive research on the brands available on the market then compiled this list of the best gaming projectors in 2019.
Factors to consider before buying a gaming projector
- Price: You don’t have to spend a fortune on a movie projector. However, ensure the price isn’t too low since that could translate to low performance.
- Throw ratio: You have to consider the throw ratio when buying a projector. The best brands can create large screen sizes from a very close range.
- Contrast ratio: The contrast ratio will determine the quality of the images produced. For that reason, choose a considerable ratio for the best results.
Why need a movie/gaming projector?
- Big screen size: It’s impossible to compare flat-panel TVs to projectors. Projectors offer a large viewing and are, therefore, advantageous compared to flat screen TVs.
- Cheap: Acquiring a flat-screen TVs of a similar screen size as most movie projectors would cost you an arm and a leg. For that reason, buying a projector is cheaper than purchasing a TV.
- Safe for your eyes: Unlike most TVs or other electronic devices whose light come directly to your eyes, projectors’ light doesn’t hit your eyes directly which makes them safe for use.
- Portable: Projectors are compact and lightweight. For that reason, they can be carried around effortlessly. This makes them quite convenient for the users since they can carry them to wherever they want.
Best movie/gaming projectors in 2019
- 10. GooBang Doo, ABOX T22 Upgraded Multimedia Home Theater Video/ Gaming Projector
- 9. GooDee, Portable Movie Projector for Entertainment Game Party
- 8. SSLLKE, Pico Video Projector for PCs/ Phones/ Gaming
- 7. ViewSonic, PX800HD DLP Ultra Short Throw Home Theater and Gaming Projector
- 6. ELEPHAS, 1080P HD LED Movie Projector
- 5. EUG, Wireless Digital Widescreen Home Theater/Gaming Projector
- 4. BenQ, HT2150ST Home Theater Projector
- 3. Optoma, GT1080Darbee 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector
- 2. EUG, 3D Digital Movie Gaming Projector
- 1. Sony, VPLHW45ES 1080p 3D SXRD Home Theater/Gaming Projector
10. GooBang Doo, ABOX T22 Upgraded Multimedia Home Theater Video/ Gaming Projector
Next on our list is the GooBang Doo gaming projector. Its 2400 lumens allow one to watch even during the day. What’s more, it features an excellent contrast ratio of 2000:1 for the best watching experience. Something else you’ll love about this movie projector is its new LED technology fitted with an advanced LED source for great results. It produces vivid images exhibiting similar optical harm as tablets, TVs, and laptops.
Offering screen size options of between 32 and 176 inches, you can never go wrong with this gadget. Of course, it works best at a distance of between 1.5 and 5m. Additionally, this projector boasts an extended lamp life of up to 50000 hours and offers a replacement for the lamps. Given its compatible design, it can be sued with HDMI, SD, USB, AV, and VGA. Of course, you can also connect it to game consoles, Pcs, and laptops.
9. GooDee, Portable Movie Projector for Entertainment Game Party
GooDee portable gaming projector comes with the high brightness and excellent resolution, you can be sure to have a great watching experience. Its 3200 lumens and resolution of 1280 x 800 make it ideal for home cinema. Additionally, it boasts a built-in decoder chip which supports up to 1080p video input for great results. Offering an image size of between 35 to 180 inches at a distance of between 1.2m and 5m, this is a must-have gaming projector.
It also features an excellent LED optical system offering up to 30, 0000 hours of life. The compatible design makes it perfect for multiple connections and inputs including but not limited to HDMI, AV, USB, VGA, PCs, Laptops, phones and Blu-ray DVDs among others. Its advanced sound and stereo system offers top-quality sound with minimal disruptions.
8. SSLLKE, Pico Video Projector for PCs/ Phones/ Gaming
Boasting a screen resolution of 1080p, this is another movie projector we highly recommend. The full HD display technology with 100-lumen LED and 1000:1 contrast ratio guarantee ultimate results. Furthermore, the projector boasts a small and compact size making it ideal for movies and gaming. It can support screen size of up to 120’’ which is considerably amazing. Of course, at the recommended distance of 1.5m to 2.5m, it projects a screen size of between 56’’ and 100’’.
The wide compatibility makes ideal for use with different gadgets and can work with HDMI and USB. It allows one to project images from PCs, gaming consoles, and other devices. It can also support a wired mirror connect to your IOS or Android phones using a USB cable.
7. ViewSonic, PX800HD DLP Ultra Short Throw Home Theater and Gaming Projector
ViewSonic is a brand whose reputation speaks volumes. Boasting excellent features and a stellar performance, this is a great option for any gaming or movie enthusiast. First, it offers a full HD 1080p resolution and Rec.709 color accuracy for clearer viewing. The RGBRGB color technology makes the images even better while the 100,000:1 contrast ratio guarantees the best viewing experience.
Offering a screen size of 90-inches at a distance of 15ft and 150-inches at a distance of 2.5ft, you can never go wrong with this movie projector. Of course, it’s packed with the most advanced color technology and provides an immersive home cinema. Something else, it’s backed by a 3-year warranty and is compatible with Mac, windows and several other accessories.
6. ELEPHAS, 1080P HD LED Movie Projector
This is one of the best movie projectors on the market. First, it boasts some excellent features which make it worth a purchase. For an ultimate visual experience, this projector is equipped with a 3,500 LED light and boasts a screen resolution of 1280×800. The 2000:1 contrast ratio and super color technology offer the best viewing experience.
What’s more, the picture size is adjustable from 33’’ to 180’’ for best results. The built-in decoder chip which supports up to1080p guarantees perfect viewing. Something else, it comes with top-quality stereo speakers for excellent sound quality. The built-in SRS sound and amplifier chip make it worth every buck. And yes, it also features the latest cooling technology and excellent heat dispersion. Additionally, its unique noise reduction of 32db provides noiseless operation. This movie projector supports VGA, HDMI, AV, and USB. And, it also connects to a laptop, Roku streaming stick, Blue-Ray DVD, PS# and many other devices.
5. EUG, Wireless Digital Widescreen Home Theater/Gaming Projector
Imagine being able to have either wired or wireless viewing? Well, that’s what this movie/gaming projector offers. It allows you to use WIFI to connect to your Smartphone, laptop or PC for easy watching. The fact that it supports multiple interfaces like USB, HDMI, Audio, AV, TV, and VGA makes it incredibly amazing. Something else, it can display images on a screen size of between 50 to 200 inches from a distance of between 6.9ft and 21.8ft.
The contrast ratios of 16:9 and 4:3 make it perfect for watching. What’s more, it features an excellent LED technology which boasts up to 3600 lumens for brighter, clearer and more vivid images. The 1280 x 800 resolution makes it perfect for indoors and outdoors while the 16.7 million color options guarantee ultimate performance.
4. BenQ, HT2150ST Home Theater Projector
Whether you want to catch your favorite football match on a large screen or simply want to watch the latest movies in a theatre-like environment, this is the right projector to purchase. With a high resolution of 1080p, you can be sure to have the best images. Something else, it boasts a brightness of 2200 lumens and a contrast ratio of 15000:1. This gaming projector is also perfect for video games and offers a big viewing of 100’’ from a distance of 1.5 meters for an immersive gaming experience.
Its unique gaming modes and excellent low input lag offer an ultra-smooth gaming experience. If you want to get Hollywood-like sounds, its 10W speakers will ensure you get nothing short of that. The DLP technology offers a fantastic image quality and eliminates aging problems.
3. Optoma, GT1080Darbee 3D DLP Short Throw Gaming Projector
I have used this Optoma movie/gaming projector for years and I’d highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a breathtaking watching experience. Of course, there’re a number of reasons why I suggest you add it to your cart. First, it’s fitted with a next-generation processor which improves the depth and texture of HD videos and gaming graphics. Secondly, this movie projector features a fantastic 49 throw ratio making it ideal for movies and games.
Of course, of boasts enhanced gaming modes for an improved performance. Furthermore, it features a full HD 1080p resolution and 3000 lumens for sharper and clearer images. And yes, the contrast ratio of 28,000:1 adds to its unique features making it a must-have.
2. EUG, 3D Digital Movie Gaming Projector
This front and rear EUG movie/gaming projector takes a slot below the top position. With zoom and out options, it lets the viewer catch their best movies with least hassle. It also offers a 360-degree image flip and comes with M5 screw holes for easy installation. With a projection of between 50 to 200 inches at a distance of 6.5 to 19ft, this is a really incredible brand. Additionally, it comes with internal stereo speakers to offer excellent sound quality. Furthermore, this projector boasts an advanced TFT LCD technology with a resolution of 1280 x 800.
This technology offers clearer and vivid images. The LED lighting technology further makes the images sharper and more pronounced. Unlike those traditional projectors, this model boasts excellent noise reduction technology and comes with LED lamps which last up to 50,000 hours. It’s compatible with most devices and is backed by a1-year warranty.
1. Sony, VPLHW45ES 1080p 3D SXRD Home Theater/Gaming Projector
Finally, Sony wraps up our list for the 10 best movie/gaming projectors in 2019. This is the best brand on the market. Of course, people are conversant with most electronic devices from Sony. This projector offers a screen size of between 51 to 82 inches at a distance of 8ft. You can also create an image size of 77 to 122 inches at a distance of 12ft. finally, if you love larger images, you can move it to a distance of 16ft to get an image size of between 102 and 162 inches.
Its resolution of 1920 x 1080 makes it perfect for watching movies while the 1800 lumen brightness guarantees ultimate image quality. Something else, this movie projector boasts an excellent contrast ratio and a long lamp life of up to 6000 hours. With connectivity to HDMI 2 and a 3-year limited warranty, be sure to add it to your cart.
In a market filled with gaming projectors, sieving out the cheap knockoffs to remain with the best ones is an uphill task. However, armed with this review, you can never go wrong! Having extensively inspected the options we have listed in this article, we suggest you grab one of them for a great watching experience. Of course, be sure to check the image quality, size and contrast ratio among other factors.