Induction cookers have become quite popular and can be found in homes, restaurants, catering units, offices and many other places. They are loved for their effectiveness thanks to the magnetic field they create, portability due to their light and compact nature as well as superior cooking performance.
However, like other items, not every induction cooktop will be impressive. Some users have been dissatisfied with the slow performance, poor-built, unreliability, and inefficiency of some types. Before proceeding with the analysis, how about looking at the important features?
- Auto switch-off: This feature allows the gadget to automatically switch off when it senses too much heat when the pan or pot has been left on the device for too long, or the pan is removed;
- Design: The unit comes in single or double form. The first one is suitable for cooking a single meal at a time while the other can cook two meals simultaneously;
- Safety sensor: This feature will automatically reduce the temperature when it doesn’t sense the cookware. This prevents overheating which may lead to fire;
- Cooking surface: The tough surface is resistant to heat, doesn’t get too hot, scratch-resistant, stain-resistant and also easy to clean;
- Auto heat-up: This allows the device to heat at higher temperatures at the beginning and then goes back to the chosen temperature. This feature is effective for foods such as rice, pasta, spaghetti that require high heat initially and low heat towards the end; and
- Child lock: It prevents injury to small fingers and entails using controls and design that can’t easily be tampered with by children.
Other crucial features include Power Management, Pan Detection, Digital Control Readings, Residual Heat Light and Cooling Fans.
Best Induction Cooktops in 2019
- 10. Cuisinart, ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop
- 9. True Induction, TI-2B Double Burner Counter Inset Cooktop
- 8. Kitchen PROP, Portable Powerful Induction Cooktop
- 7. Cusimax, CMIP-B180 1800W Infrared Cooktop
- 6. iRANGE, A18 Ultra Slim Portable Induction Cooktop
- 5. Duxtop, LCD 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop
- 4. NuWave, 30242 PIC Gold Precision Induction Cooktop
- 3. Copper Chef, Casserole 5 pc Set & Induction Cooktop
- 2. NutriChef, Portable Electric Induction Cooktop
- 1. Secura, 9100MC Portable Induction Cooktop
10. Cuisinart, ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop
This double induction cooktop from Cuisinart features superior technology and quality design that supports fast cooking, distributes heat evenly, and offers consistent performance.
The induction cooktop contains dual heat setting which 8 settings on the left burner and 5 settings on the right burner. The unit also relies on effective fans that maintain the low temperature whereas each unit comes with an ON/Off switch and 150-minute timer. While it’s well made, functional, and affordable, it isn’t the fastest induction cooker and is a bit small for demanding environments.
Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 26.8 x 17 inches
Item Weight: 11.6 pounds
9. True Induction, TI-2B Double Burner Counter Inset Cooktop
This True Induction cooktop comes with a double burner. The cooktop is designed for space saving which can insert into the countertop.
The induction cooktop features a single ceramic glass surface that is easy to clean, resistant to scratches and can support heavy weights. It uses 110-volt unit is rated at 1800 watts allow for cook faster, save time and energy. For safety reason, the induction cooktop will stay still at the maximum temperature of 450 degrees.
Other likable features include attractive design, space-saving nature, and resistant to stains. However, it doesn’t work with 220-240 volts and may not be compatible with some cookware.
Product Dimensions: 28.3 x 19.7 x 5.8 inches
Item Weight: 15.2 pounds
8. Kitchen PROP, Portable Powerful Induction Cooktop
This multifunctional induction cooktop from Kitchen PROP is suitable for domestic and commercial settings and can support several cooking methods. These include boiling, frying, seaming, roasting and more.
It’s rated at 1800 watts and is based on superior Quick Heat Technology that not only provides high heat within a short time but is also consistent. It is ergonomically-designed for convenience and features intelligent safety options that include Overheat Protection, High and Low Voltage warning, and Auto-Shut Down.
It’s worth buying because of its fast heating, portability, solidly built, and easy-to-clean and scratch-resistant glass.
Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches
Item Weight: 7.1 pounds
7. Cusimax, CMIP-B180 1800W Infrared Cooktop
The Cusimax CMIP-B180 Infrared Cooktop is fit for camping, homes, holiday homes. It consists of a double burner made of ceramic and is rated 1800W.
The unit also features a body made from stainless steel and will work with pans and pots measuring up to 7.1 inches in diameter. The infrared accessory is not only attractive and sleek but heats water relatively fast and is also easy to clean.
Product Dimensions: 23 x 10.8 x 4.3 inches
Item Weight: 7.1 pounds
6. iRANGE, A18 Ultra Slim Portable Induction Cooktop
The iRANGE A18 induction cooktop is suitable for small space as it comes in a slim design that makes it very portable. It doesn’t occupy a lot of space and easily flushes with the cooking surfaces.
It features the digital touch control allows for control the induction in a single touch. The temperature of the induction range between (140-460°F). The device comes with an Anti-Stick glass surface, Overheat Protection, 10 Temperature Levels, Child Lock, Digital Controls, and auto shut off timer.
Product Dimensions: 17 x 13.8 x 3.2 inches
Item Weight: 7.2 pounds
5. Duxtop, LCD 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop
This Duxtop induction cooktop is among the lightest and most portable in the market. It is rated at 1800 watts and comes with a highly-sensitive digital LCD control.
The built-in sensors make using the many functions easy and also offer a seamless experience. The full glass cooking surface prevents from melted edges and easy cleanup. The Child safety-lock feature ensures your child safety. The temperature range from 100°F to 460°F and the 5ft
Product Dimensions: 14 x 11.4 x 2.5 inches
Item Weight: 7.3 pounds
4. NuWave, 30242 PIC Gold Precision Induction Cooktop
The NuWave’s Precision Induction Cooktop comes in black and is designed for pans and pots measuring up to 10.5 inches. It comes with 52 temperature settings that start from 100 up to 575°F.
For improved functionality, this device features 6 pre-programmed temp settings, Auto-off, Sear, and Delay modes. Users love its energy-saving nature, even cooking, user-friendly temperature control, and nice design.
Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 15.8 x 14.2 inches
Item Weight: 9 pounds
3. Copper Chef, Casserole 5 pc Set & Induction Cooktop
Consisting of an induction cooktop and 5-piece casserole set, the Copper Chef XL is worth buying for a number of reasons.
It comes in a complete pack and is suitable for individual, family, or commercial use. The stainless steel induction plate features Even-Heat Technology for quick heating. The induction is suitable for many cooking methods including baking, frying, roasting, boiling, and steaming.
Product Dimensions: N/A
Item Weight: N/A
2. NutriChef, Portable Electric Induction Cooktop
The NutriChef portable induction cooktop comes with multi-cooking mode with the dual heating element power of 1800 watts. This induction cooktop is also equipped with a Built in Child Safety Lock which locks all the operating buttons of the cooktop to protect the little ones from injuries such as scalding.
The multiuse induction cooktop supports different materials including cast iron, stainless steel, and other alloys. The NutriChef induction cooktop features multiple cooking mode which you can switch from one cooking mode to another easily with just one press. It’s loved for its good design, user friendliness, and quick heating.
Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 23.6 x 2.6 inches
Item Weight: 12.35 pounds
1. Secura, 9100MC Portable Induction Cooktop
The Secura 9100MC is our topmost induction cooktop. Reasons that make it our best pick include; it’s flawless design and operation, it’s very portable and feels solid, offers 15 power levels (200-1800 watts), and supports a range of materials including plain iron, enameled iron, cast aluminum, stainless steel.
The temperature of the induction range from 140-460F, digital timer, automatic pan detection, and low/high voltage detection. The accessory is however not very efficient with pans and pots that have a base with many decorations, bends, dents, or a too curvy. It also comes with the 5ft cord for portable purpose.
Product Dimensions: 14 x 11.4 x 2.1 inches
Item Weight: 7.1 pounds
In addition to a good experience in the kitchen, you will also have peace-of-mind in knowing you invested in the best.
The featured items have edged out many other alternatives for various reasons which include; fast heating, good portability, versatility, scratch-resistant, easy to clean.