If you are nursing the baby, surely the breasts start undergoing changes right from the first trimester. They will become larger, softer, more sensitive, etc. Wearing the normal bra may not be the best option as it may be too tight, won’t offer the best support for the enlarged size, hard to open and close and may interfere when breastfeeding.
It is vital to invest in a quality nursing bra as it’s designed for use during and after pregnancy. Besides nursing bra, you may also need to invest the nursing sleep bra as it is also essential to help reduce back pain.
Choosing the Right Nursing Bras
Bras for nursing are readily available in the market and come in all manner of brands, size, colors, shape. The following are the key features of good nursing bras:
– Material: They are made from quality materials such as cotton, polyamide, polyester, nylon, spandex which is known to be strong yet soft.
– Comfort: The bra is made from smooth and soft materials that minimize soreness, red marks or lumps on the skin. Bras that are too tight may encourage infection around the nipples.
– Support: They will provide firm support for the enlarged breasts. Generally, women are advised to avoid types with underwire in the initial (postpartum) stages.
– User-friendly Flaps: The flaps are easily removed as well as refastened using one hand. This allows the mother to firmly hold the baby with the other hand.
– Closure: Go for the adjustable bra (3 hooks at least) is very important as you will need to adjust to match the size.
Best Nursing Bras in 2019
According to guideline from motherhood, you shall have 3 bras as you need to wear, to wash, and the other for ready. Ok, let’s look which of the best nursing bras will best suit your needs.
- 10. CooShco, Women’s Seamless Nursing Bra
- 9. CAKYE, Women’s Nursing Tank Sleep Bra
- 8. Gratlin, Women’s Padded Maternity Underwire Nursing Bra
- 7. Lamaze, Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing
- 6. Kindred Bravely, Extra Soft Organic Cotton Wireless Nursing Sleep Bra
- 5. Kindred Bravely, Soft French Terry Nursing Sleep Bra
- 4. iLoveSIA, Womens Seamless Nursing Bra Bralette
- 3. HOFISH, 3PACK Womens Seamless Nursing Bra
- 2. Rumina, Relaxed Nursing Bra
- 1. Bravado! Designs, Women’s Maternity Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
10. CooShco, Women’s Seamless Nursing Bra
The seamless nursing bra by CooShco offers pushup comfort and is made from 92% Nylon and 8% Spandex. The highly-elastic bra is very comfortable considering it doesn’t have any seams or underwire and will remain invisible under clothing.
Its unique design molds into the body providing firm support and comfort and this is bettered by the adjustable strap, one-handed access and discrete nursing clips.
9. CAKYE, Women’s Nursing Tank Sleep Bra
Pregnant and nursing women who are looking for a reliable nursing bra should consider the CAKYE variant. Consisting of 95% cotton and 5% spandex, this bra is very comfortable thanks to its super-soft and smooth fabric and seamless design.
It features no underwire and offers good air circulation courtesy of the breathable fabric. Although it can accommodate different breast sizes, it is not very suitable for very large breasts.
8. Gratlin, Women’s Padded Maternity Underwire Nursing Bra
Consisting of 85% Polyamide and 15% Spandex, the nursing bra by Gratlin is designed for both pregnant and nursing moms. The well-padded bra offers good comfort and support which is further enhanced by the underwire.
For easy opening, closing and adjusting, the shoulder straps are adjustable and come with a clip closure that gives easy access to the cup.
7. Lamaze, Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing
The nursing bra by Lamaze is made from 95% cotton and 5% spandex and is quite soft, comfortable, smooth and fairly elastic.
Designed for pregnant and nursing moms, the bra is also suitable for sleeping thanks to the breathable fabric that encourages good ventilation and soft straps that are comfortable on the body. For easy nursing, the 0.79 inches high and 7.09-inch wide hand washable bra also comes with a surplice neckline.
6. Kindred Bravely, Extra Soft Organic Cotton Wireless Nursing Sleep Bra
The Kindred Bravely bra is suitable for nursing and maternity and can be worn during the day and night. It’s quite elastic and comfortable courtesy of the ultra-soft 92% cotton and 8% spandex without underwire.
For easy and convenient breastfeeding, it comes with an easy pull-aside access and contains no hooks or clasps. In addition to breastfeeding, it’s also fit for traveling, yoga and post surgery.
5. Kindred Bravely, Soft French Terry Nursing Sleep Bra
Made from top quality soft French terry, this nursing bra by Kindred Bravely is a top choice for maternity and nursing. It is suitable for fluctuating breasts sizes as it easily adjusts to new sizes courtesy of the elastic fabric.
For easy breastfeeding and pumping, it features easy-to-pull aside access and has no underwire, no hooks and no clasps. In addition to use while awake, the bra is also suitable for sleeping and yoga. It is best recommended for not very large breasts.
4. iLoveSIA, Womens Seamless Nursing Bra Bralette
The Nursing bra by iLoveSIA comes in a seamless design and is made from 92% nylon and 8% spandex. It comes with easy to remove molded foam cups that provide good support even for large breast.
Thanks to its seamless design and light materials, the bra is virtually invisible under clothing. Together with the stretchy support, the nursing clips allow you completely remove the cup and conveniently breastfeed your baby.
3. HOFISH, 3PACK Womens Seamless Nursing Bra
The seamless nursing bra by HOFISH comes in a 3-pack and is made out of 92% nylon and 8% spandex material. Together with the adjustable shoulder straps and one-hand access, putting on, removing and adjusting the bras is pretty easy.
The wide straps, hook and eye closure provide good support while the removable molded foam cups allow you to vary comfort and functionality.
2. Rumina, Relaxed Nursing Bra
Just as the name tells, Relaxed Nursing bra by Rumina is meant to make you feel more relaxed and comfortable when nursing your baby.
The Rumina nursing bra is made out of 90% cotton and 10% Spandex and is designed for easy and hands-free pumping. The Pull On closure and light design makes it suitable for wear during the day and night. The wide straps give enough support for those with the large breasts.
1. Bravado! Designs, Women’s Maternity Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
Designed for maternity and nursing, the Bravado seamless bra is comfortable and soft. The highly-elastic bra is made from 91% nylon and 9 % spandex and features no seams thus enhancing the comfort.
Its 4-way stretch fabric supports fluctuating breast and comfortably hugs the body without leaving any marks. The machine-washable bra comes with removable foam inserts without underwire.
The above summarizes the 10 best nursing bras in 2019 that are designed for both pregnant and nursing mothers, come in different sizes to offer good support to different breast sizes, are easy to put-on and remove and also promote healthy breastfeeding of the baby.
Furthermore, they are ergonomic and come with comfortable straps and flaps, won’t allow milk to seep through and causing embarrassment and are easy to wash. In addition to allowing you to discreetly feed your baby and saving you unnecessary discomfort or inconvenience, products featured in the review assure you of peace-of-mind.