As we in the advanced era today, people hold at least 1 electronic device and hence the need of the power strip is also needed. To ensure there is a port for each item, people turn to power strips that have many outlets and help distribute the AC power to many devices at a go.
What features to look for a power strip?
- How many outlets? The many devices we have, the bigger the power strip we need to load for higher and better surge protection is necessary.
- What cord length? The strips come in varied lengths and it’s paramount to go for a type whose cord isn’t too short or too long. Common configurations include end-mounted, front-facing, right-angle, rear-facing and standard.
- What is the Area of Use? Will you be using it in your office, home, garage, workstation, for computing, medical equipment, etc?
- How safe is it? Good types are made from sturdy materials like metal that doesn’t break easily. They also feature a power surge or circuit breakers to prevent system overload.
Best Power Strips in 2019
Protecting your electronics and electrical accessories starts by using the best power strips reviewed below.
- 10. Poweradd, 3-Outlet Power Strip
- 9. Kensington, 6-Outlet SmartSockets Power Strip
- 8. AmazonBasics, 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
- 7. Tripp Lite, 7 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
- 6. DBPOWER, 6 Outlets Power Strip and 6 USB Charging Ports
- 5. BESTEK, 8-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
- 4. AmazonBasics, 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
- 3. Tripp Lite, 4 Outlet Power Strip
- 2. FlePow, 6-Outlet Power Strip
- 1. Tripp Lite, Isobar 8 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
10. Poweradd, 3-Outlet Power Strip
The power strip by Poweradd features 3 outlets that can power 3 AC devices at the same time, 3 Smart USB ports for charging USB powered devices and a 5-foot power cord.
The unit is made from a strong fire-retardant shell and also comes with a highly-conductive copper. The RoHs and FCC certified product also features superior protection that keeps your printer, computer, home theater systems, modems, phones and other accessories safe.
9. Kensington, 6-Outlet SmartSockets Power Strip
The Smart Sockets power strip from Kensington consists of 6 outlets with a 6-foot power cord and 670 Joules of dissipation. Its strong and durable casing protects the internal components and assures the user of longevity and for easy cord management.
It also features 6 color-coded rings. The 400 clamping voltage plus 670 dissipation joules protect connected accessories from power spikes, lighting and surges. Other features are EMI/RFI noise filtration, on/off switch and right-angle plug. Some of the accessories that work with the product include smartphones, speakers, external batteries, tablets, MP3 players, printers, tablets, computers, and modems.
8. AmazonBasics, 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
The power strip comes from Amazon Basics featuring a 6-foot long cord and 6 power outlets, the device easily connects with the plugs that are found in electronics, computers, small appliances, lamps, phones and more.
There is a special outlet that is designed for use with a transformer while the 14AWG cord is not only strong but also flexible. The device comes with a 3-line 790-Joule surge protection and a 15-Amp circuit breaker.
7. Tripp Lite, 7 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
The power strip and surge protector by Tripp Lite comes with 7 power outlets which one is specifically designed for a transformer plug, a 12-foot cord that offers good reach and a 1080 joule power surge protector.
To filter any noise and interference and extend its lifespan, the unit also features EMI/RFI noise filtering while the diagnostic LED indicators alert the user of device’s the protection status.
6. DBPOWER, 6 Outlets Power Strip and 6 USB Charging Ports
You can conveniently power up your equipment and electronics with the power strip from DBPOWER. Consisting of 6 power outlets and a 1.8 meter long cord, the black power strip is designed for a number of items including electrical appliances, printers, phone chargers, computers, speakers, laptops, modems and more.
In addition to coming with 6 USB charging ports delivering a total of 6 Amps, it also features a 350-400 joules surge protector that stop voltage spikes and lightning strikes from damaging your accessories.
5. BESTEK, 8-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
The BESTEK power strip features 8 standard power outlets that can run most electrical equipment in the office, home, factory and other places. This is boosted by the heavy-duty cord that measures 6 feet long and is sufficient for use with home appliances, electronics, answering machines, phone chargers, computers and peripherals.
It comes with four 5.2A USB Ports that provide optimum charging while the built-in surge protector protects the connected electronics and accessories. The ETL-listed accessory also features two wide-spaced outlets for large chargers and power adapters and an On/Off circuit breaker.
4. AmazonBasics, 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
Power and protect your phones, electronics, small appliances, lamps, computers and other gadgets with the power strip from AmazonBasics.
Coming with 6 power outlets, the 15-amp power strip includes a 2 foot 14 AWG cord and LED indicator light. It also consists of a 3 line, 200 Joule surge protector plus a circuit breaker to prevent voltage spikes and surges from damaging your equipment.
3. Tripp Lite, 4 Outlet Power Strip
The Isobar 4 outlet power strip by Tripp Lite is suitable for home, office and other areas and works with home theater, computers, laptops and other devices.
It comes with a surge protector whose suppression rating is 97,000amps/3330 Joules and can withstand high loads and voltage spikes. The metal casing is virtually indestructible while the advanced isolated banks safeguard the equipment against electrical interference.
2. FlePow, 6-Outlet Power Strip
The RoHS and FCC Certified power strip from FlePow fits for both home and office. It features 6 power outlets that can accommodate any standard 3-prong while the 8 USB ports (4 of which offer a high output of 2.4A) allow for charging of devices.
The casing is constructed from the durable and fire-retardant material while the circuitry is primarily made from premium copper wire. Apart from being grounded, the unit also constitutes of a 1625W/13Amp surge protector for protection against spikes.
1. Tripp Lite, Isobar 8 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
The Isobar 8 outlet power strip by Tripp Lite is made from metal that is almost indestructible. This assures you of reliability and longevity. The 12-foot long power cord plus the right angle plug offers good reach while the wide spaces in between the outlets allow up to 4 large transformers to be plugged in.
It also comes with the isolated filter for eliminating noise and interference while the 3840 Joules/97,000 amps power surge safeguards appliances, accessories and equipment against lightning and voltage spikes.
Do not overload your circuitry due to lack of enough power outlets. You should not use a wrong power strip that may end up frying your equipment, accessories and appliances in case of a power surge. What you need is the top power strips that assure you of good service, longevity and safety for your equipment.