Nowadays, people seem to have problem with allergies, acne and infections. That’s mostly due to reasons like dust, climatic change, allergic reactions from various substances like bacteria, germs, etc. These skin problems can be treated using tea tree oil. It contains natural antiseptics which have anti-microbial properties. Aside from being powerful antiseptics, tea tree oils also serve as the right solution for antifungal problems.
What is tea tree oil?
According to U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA), only tea tree oil which derived from the fresh leaves and terminal branches of a single plant species, Melaleuca alternifolia, mainly growing in Australia meets ISO 4730. Tea tree oil or melaleuca is produced by steam distillation of the leaves and terminal branches of a native Australian tree known as Melaleuca alternifolia. It contains mono- and sesquiterpenoid small molecules, among which over are well characterized.
Medical News Today also mentioned that it is well-known for its powerful antiseptic properties and ability to treat wounds and reduce allergic skin reactions for centuries.
Is it safe to use?
In according with FDA on the Review of Tea Tree Oil on “Are there concerns about the safety of the substance for use in compounding?”, available nonclinical acute toxicity data suggest that tea tree oil can be toxic when ingested or topically administered at a high concentration. However, no repeat dose toxicity studies have been conducted with tea tree oil. Limited data from studies of components of tea tree oil administered orally suggest that they may pose potential embryofetal toxicity and, when administered intraperitoneally or orally, they may pose carcinogenic risks at relatively high doses. [Food and Drug Administration. (2016). Tea Tree Oil (Tab 5b). Review of Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil) for Inclusion on the 503A Bulk Drug Substances List. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/.]
We all know that during pregnancy, women will face the change of hormones in their bodies, and it’s the reason the why most moms-to-be will face hormonal acne, oily skin, and hair loss. Great amounts of phytoncides containing in tea tree oil are good for inhalations to treat respiratory diseases and can be used as a healing tool. The expectant moms who want to stay beautiful can safely have cosmetic procedures with this oil. Tea tree oil, can be safe and effective in treating hormonal acne during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Besides using as a skin treatment, the tea tree oil can also be used in various applications such as:
- Wound dressing: Tea tree oil can kill bacterial so that it can reduce the wound (for external use only).
- Homemade mouthwash: Add 2 drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water for mouth cleaning (do not SWALLOW).
- Natural dandruff remedy: Add few drops of tea tree oil into your regular shampoo (for external use only).
- Acne treatment: Add 4 drops of tea tree oil to a half cup of water. Apply to the face with a cotton pad once daily (for external use only).
- Hair treatment: If you have problem with dandruff, there you go, add several drops of oil with aloe vera gel, lavender oil, and coconut milk to make your own shampoo or use the tea tree oil to thoroughly massage your scalp. It helps to remove dandruff, relieve and rejuvinate your scalp.
- Household cleaner: Mix 20 drops of tea tree oil with a cup of water and a half cup of white vinegar to use as an all-purpose antimicrobial cleaner.
- Insect repellent: Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil to use as a natural insect repellent.
Important: Tea tree oils are for external use only and avoid contact with eyes or any sensitive areas of the body.
How to select the tea tree oil?
Make sure that your product meets the below criterion:
- Determine the percentage of Terpinen 4 OL. It’s the primary antiseptic agent. A higher percentage translates to stronger antiseptic properties. Ensure that the percentage is labeled on the product. However, some individuals may be sensitive to high concentrations;
- Ensure that the bottle comes packaged in a dark brown glass bottle. Terpinen 4 OL can oxidize when exposed to light. As such, it’ll become useless. Exposure to light will elevate the levels of para-cymene. That’s known as a skin irritant. As such, you should make use of products which have low para-cymene levels;
- Some tea tree oils come mixed with various other essential oils. Such include peppermint and eucalyptus oils. The diluted mixtures may affect how well a product works; and
- It’s dependent on your personal preferences whether to purchase a product that’s Certified Organic. Organic products tend to offer higher terpinen 4 OL concentrations and levels of purity.
On the market, you’ll find numerous different tea tree oils to choose from. Selecting the right one will make a difference in the response and effectiveness which you seek. All tea tree oils feature the active ingredient: terpinen 4 OL. The concentration of this primary ingredient and the method used to produce the final product are important factors to consider. Below, we’ll review the 10 best tea tree oils in 2019.
Best Tea Tree Oils in 2019
- 10. HOLLYWOOD BEAUTY, Tea Tree Oil Skin & Scalp Treatment
- 9. Body Wonders, Australian Tea Tree Oil
- 8. Essential Oil Labs, Natural Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil
- 7. Edens Garden, (Melaleuca) Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
- 6. Good N Natural, Pure Tea Tree Oil
- 5. Sun Organic, Tea Tree, Pure Essential Oil
- 4. Now Foods, Tea Tree Oil
- 3. Majestic Pure, Therapeutic Melaleuca Alternifolia Tea Tree Oil
- 2. First Botany Cosmeceuticals, Tee Tree Oil with Glass Dropper
- 1. Art Naturals, Tea Tree Oil Pure & Natural, Premium Melaleuca Therapeutic Grade
10. HOLLYWOOD BEAUTY, Tea Tree Oil Skin & Scalp Treatment
It’s a natural preventative, especially for mild cases of dry skin. The ingredients of the HOLLYWOOD BEAUTY Tea Tree Oil have restorative and healing properties.
Along with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this oil will leave your scalp, nails, and skin clean and soft. It’s among the best choices, especially for those who suffer dandruff, as well as individuals who’ve got a dry, damaged scalp which may cause hair to fall out.
9. Body Wonders, Australian Tea Tree Oil
This tea tree oil from Body Wonders has been proven as a natural remedy for fighting viruses, bacteria, fungus, and pests. It’s among the finest tea tree natural oils which let you experience the benefits of natural acne treatments. It’s also a proven remedy for nail fungus and lice.
The Body Wonders Tea Tree Oil is a potent, yet pure form that makes use of tea tree leaves from Australian-grown plants. The oil is steam-distilled to keep the natural beneficial chemicals intact. That makes Body Wonders among the most effective options for tea tree oil uses. This oil is packaged in the USA, ensuring its purity, potency, and safety.
8. Essential Oil Labs, Natural Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil
Made in Australia, the Essential Oil Labs is the 100% pure therapeutic grade tea tree oil. It’s a must have tea tree oil at home as it can be used to clear breathing (promote healthy teeth), purify the air in our homes, calm skin irritations, maintain toenails and fingernails and even ward off head lice.
The amazing scent of the tea tree oil is described as fresh and medicinal. The tea tree oil is 100% natural and free of artificial chemicals, additives and fillers.
7. Edens Garden, (Melaleuca) Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
The Edens Garden tea tree oil bears a fresh and camphorous aroma. It comes packaged in a dark, amber glass bottle. The tea tree oil comes along with a euro-style dropper cap to ensure fast, yet easy exact measures.
The Edens Garden is a certified pure therapeutic grade essential oil. It contains no additives chemical (pesticides, herbicides, GMO or additives) that guarantee your health safety. You’re definite to love this tree oil for its excellent, yet quick results.
6. Good N Natural, Pure Tea Tree Oil
The Good N Natural is a pure and GMP-certified pure tea tree oil. This tea tree oil has been proven as a suitable remedy for nail fungus and acne.
Its quick results are definite to amaze you. The Good N Natural Tea Tree Oil comes in a 2 Oz. bottle. It’s culled from leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia, which is native to Australia. Most people have been using it as a topical agent for their skin. It’s meticulously analyzed to ensure that it exceeds the Australian level of quality standards as decreed by the government.
5. Sun Organic, Tea Tree, Pure Essential Oil
The Sun Organic tea tree oil brand contains superior-sourced and harvested ingredients, without any dangerous alcoholic or chemical additives which are common in most other tree oils.
It’s, by far, among the most effective tea tree oils on the market. It’ll help improve your energy levels and mood, unlike other oils which result in irritability and fatigue. You can now clear your mind and body with the pure aroma scent of the SUN ORGANIC. It’ll enable you to feel energetic, happy, and vibrant. They also offer a refund guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the results of this tea tree oil.
4. Now Foods, Tea Tree Oil
Originally manufactured in Australian, NOW Foods Tea Tree Oil is extremely helpful, especially in aromatherapy. It’s basically top-quality and natural tea oil.
It’s made to provide you with the best medication. It’ll give you the best relaxation you’d possibly get. It’s natural which will relieve you in less than just a few minutes. Besides the general skin treatment, this tea tree oil is best recommended to cure toenail fungus.
3. Majestic Pure, Therapeutic Melaleuca Alternifolia Tea Tree Oil
The Majestic Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil ensures that you will love the gentle aroma therapy sessions. It is pure premium tea tree oil manufactured from Australia.
This natural, pure, and steam-distilled essential oil is widely accepted. It’s used by most aroma therapists and natural healthcare practitioners. It comes in a large 4-ounce bottle, along with a premium quality glass dropper for ease of use.
2. First Botany Cosmeceuticals, Tee Tree Oil with Glass Dropper
The First Botany Cosmeceuticals tea tree oil is widely known to possess exceptional antiseptic properties. It’s extracted from the twigs and leaves by steam distillation.
This tea tree oil is the key ingredient of creams, soaps, disinfectants, and lotions throughout the world. It helps to fight athlete’s foot and fungus, to soothe sunburns, and as a remedy for skin warts, rashes, tags, and infections. Few drops can be added to humidifiers to help relieve asthma, along other breathing conditions. The First Botany Cosmeceuticals contains no preservatives, additives, or artificial ingredients.
1. Art Naturals, Tea Tree Oil Pure & Natural, Premium Melaleuca Therapeutic Grade
Art Natural Tea Tree Oil is an Australian product is just the right product for aromatherapy. You won’t be risking your health and beauty at all with the premium quality of this tea tree oil.
Derived from melaleuca alternifolia (the greatest leaves in Australia), the Art Natural tea tree oil ensures to give you a refreshing aroma scent. It can be used as skin care products, a deep cleansing on the scalp to fight the dandruff and as a air diffuser to give a sterile air. Most users have appreciated how great work it has made. It comes in a large bottle which will last you much longer.
Our reviews comprise only the best tea tree oils with their particular features. It’s our hope that the above guide will enable you to choose the right tea tree oil for your home, boutique, salon, spa, or office. Make sure to follow this guide when shopping for reliable and efficient tea tree oil.