According to statistics, the number of people affected by poor skin is on the rise. Some of the leading causes include the use of the wrong beauty and cleaning products, overexposure to the sun and the surrounding environment. For instance, some people apply too much makeup and leave it on even when not necessary. Some will even go to bed without proper makeup removing. Due to this, the skin will lose its youthful appearance, may become rough, oily, or too dry. It’s also possible for the pores to be clogged leading to rashes or eruptions.
To restore it back to its glorious nature, many people turn to toners. It helps to remove the dirt, dust, oil, germ, and grime that may be trapped inside the pores. It helps to improve circulation that ensures the blood, oxygen, and nutrients reach the desired areas more effectively. To meet the rising demand, manufacturers always introduce new products.
In these top 8 best toners in 2019 reviews, we will indicate you the main benefits, possible side effects of a bad product, handy tips, and finally, share our final thoughts.
What Toners Would Benefit Your Skin
- Pore reduction: By removing the oil, dirt, grime, and dead skin cells from the pores, the best toners reduces the pore diameter;
- Moisturizing effect: Some toners attract the moisture from the atmosphere. This helps in binding the moisture to the skin and will improve the hydration level;
- Refreshes and revitalizes: By eliminating the excess oil, dirt, improving the moisture level, and opening up the pores, the toner allows the skin to breathe better and improves circulation. This helps to refresh and revitalize the skin;
- Restores the pH balance: The skin is acidic in nature while soaps are alkalinic. In the long run, the skin will become less acidic and more alkaline. A good toner helps to restore it back to the natural pH of 5-6;
- Extra protection: Other than removing dirt, oil, grime, and germs from the pores and reducing the pore diameter, a toner also tightens the cell gap. This makes it difficult for impurities to penetrate; and
- Prevent ingrown hairs: alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic are found in many toners and helps to prevent ingrown hairs. Blocked pores, dirt, and germs also contribute to this condition.
Choose For The Best Toner
As many skin specialists and dermatologists will tell you, a toner is the bridge to the perfect healthy facial skin. Hence, you should pay attention to the following:
- Know your skin type: Skin falls under dry, oily, combination, normal, or sensitive. It’s important to select a toner that is suited for your skin;
- Match it to your skin: a hydrating toner is good for dry skin; a refreshing type is fit for oily skin, while a gentle toner is designed for sensitive skin;
- Look at the ingredients: Best toners contain active compounds for the best effect. The most notable include jojoba oil, glycolic acid, aloe vera, peptides, rose hips seed oil, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone and sodium PCA. Ingredients like mineral oil, alcohol, menthol, ammonium or sodium lauryl sulfate, and petrolatum should be avoided; and
- The season: For the summer months, use a refreshing toner that has no oil ingredients while a hydrating toner that contains jojoba or rose hips oil is good for winter.
Best Toners in 2019
8. Leven Rose, Facial Toner
Made from Moroccan rose water, this facial toner works on most skin types. It can be used on the face, neck, eye region, body, hair and many other regions.
It comes in a smooth consistency for easy application and quick absorption into the skin. The natural and organic product won’t have any adverse effect since it doesn’t contain any alcohol, oils, parabens, glycerin, or fragrances. Besides toning and moisturizing the skin, the Leven Rose facial toner also restores the skin’s pH, heals, conditions, and protects. It’s chosen by many because of its nice toning and soothing effect, easy application, and good hydration.
7. Darphin, Intral Facial Toner
Packed in a 6.7-ounce container, the Darphin Intral facial toner will help to improve your skin’s appearance, texture, and health. It is targeted at all skins types’ whether oil, dry, combination or sensitive. It boasts of a variety of active nutrients but chamomile is the most notable.
It is famed for its good toning and soothing capabilities that will restore and refresh your facial skin. The toner also improves the appearance without causing any irritation, redness, dryness or oiliness. The toner’s main positives are the fantastic smell, nice texture, nice packaging, and feels smooth in the face. However, it’s a little pricey compared other products.
6. Eau Thermale Avène, Cleanance Mat Mattifying Toner
This astringent toner not only tones but also helps to moisturize, tighten and unblock the pores. The handy item comes in a 6.7 fluid ounce pack and is easy to use and carry. The toner comprises of highly effective ingredients that work fast and won’t cause any harm.
The Mattifying formular penetrates the pores and eliminates oils, germs, dirt, and other compounds. This action not only opens the pores up but also tightens them and also helps in the absorption of excess skin oil/sebum leading to a matte oil-free skin. Some the toner’s advantages are hypoallergenic, nice smell, smooth texture, and easy application.
5. The Body Shop, Seaweed Toner
The Body Shop facial toner has been enriched with seaweed sourced from Ireland. This weed is renowned for its high concentration of minerals that come with a range of benefits. It helps to purify the skin through the removal of dirt, germs, and dead skin cells.
It improves the skin complexion making it brighter and also refreshes the skin. The toner doesn’t contain harmful compounds like gluten, Paraben, and is vegan-friendly. It leaves you with a non-oily mattified finish and ranks as one of the best toners on the market because of the soothing effect, simple application, good packaging, and affordable. The downside is that the smell is a little strong for some people.
4. Thayers, Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner
The Thayers Rose Petal toner is packed in a 12-ounce container that will last for a long time. Like other top products, it’s mainly derived from natural ingredients for the best and long-lasting effect. The key ingredients are Aloe Vera, proprietary Witch Hazel Extract, Rose-Petal Water, Citric Acid, Grapefruit, Glycerin, and Vitamin E.
It works on any skin and you should see the amazing effects within a short time. And to prevent the drying of the skin, reddening, or irritation, this toner doesn’t contain any alcohol, parabens, or artificial fragrance. It’s chosen because of its good scent, smooth and nice texture, and practical pack.
3. Teddie Organics, Rose Water Toner
The Teddie Organics water facial toner comes packed in a 2 fluid-ounce container and is very portable and practical. It can easily fit in small spaces such as the handbag, makeup organizer, and travel bag. The item is wholly made from rose flower water and is pure and organic. It doesn’t contain Preservatives, chemicals, or Artificial Fragrances. This makes it one of the safest facial toners on the market.
It provides complete skin care that will improve the general health, appearance, and texture of your skin. It tones, moisturizes, conditions, soothes, and restores the pH balance. Users love the toner because of its lightweight, versatility, quick action, nice smell, and user-friendly spray cap. It’s also suitable for all skin types (Normal, Dry, Oily, Sensitive). However, some consumers don’t like its watery nature.
2. Thayers, Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Originally made in United States, this multi-tasking toner from Thayers rose toner commands a large following in the market. It can be applied on any skin type (Oily, Dry, combination, Sensitive….). It will offer you many applications that will transform your skin sooner-rather-than-later.
It’s made from natural ingredients for the best performance and also to reduce any side effects. Notable ingredients are rose-petal water, vitamin E and witch hazel extract. Regularly application after cleaning the skin will improve the tone, texture, appearance, and health. It also doubles as a conditioner, exfoliator, hydrating compound, and cleanser. Good quality, nice packaging, non-greasy and easy application are some of its pros.
1. LJH, Dr’s care BIO+N alike SKIN Facial Toner
If you want smooth, elegant, and flawless skin, then you should think of the LJH Dr’s care BIO+N. This toner consists of Bio-mineral Water that imitates the skin’s natural composition. It also contains hyaluronic acid that moisturizes, tones, and restores the skin.
Together with the bio-mineral water, the hyaluronic acid also maintains protective barriers and also combats aging symptoms like age spots, dull and dry skin. The hypoallergenic compound doesn’t contain any artificial scents, Mineral Oil, Alcohol Paraben, Synthetic Color, Silicone, Sodium Sulfate, or Talc, which is safe for infants and toddlers and also recommended by dermatologist. Furthermore, the toner is very suitable for sensitive, cracked and dry skin that it provides deep hydration and moisturizes the skin.
With all the treatment and safe ingredients being used, the LJH Dr’s care toner is highly recommended to use in the up coming winter. Main merits are the good soothing effect, extremely mild, non-greasy, no drying, and hypoallergenic.
Contrary to the common notion, more is not always best. When applying a toner, use the recommended quantity. Too much and it may leave your skin feeling too greasy. Ensure the skin is very clean for maximum penetration and effect. The toner should be applying before the moisturizer or any other makeup.
It’s advisable to avoid toners that contain fragrances since they may cause allergic reactions. You also need to steer clear of products that contain alcohol as they may irritate the skin and cause reddening or excessive dryness. Rather than applying lots of toner to mask oily or acne skin, dermatologists advise people to instead use a soothing toner to remove the grime, oil, and dirt.
Although they may look like simple everyday products, the best toners will help you active amazing and healthy skin. In the above review, we have looked at several issues pertaining to toners. As we conclude, you need to know that a good product is effective, versatile, safe, and user-friendly. And by using this review as your buying guide, you are more certain of attaining beautiful, glowing, elegant, and youthful skin.